Lead Platform Engineer
Sopra Banking Software is one of the fastest growing global Fintech companies, featured in IDC Fintech Top 100 Rankings! We build the technology that powers the world’s best financial institutions, enabling millions of people to access better financial services.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive culture where all our people can be themselves and succeed on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a confidential consumer credit check and DBS check. This is a straight forward credit check for CCJ’s, bankruptcy and a criminal record check, however if you wish to know more about what is or is not acceptable please ask our recruitment team.
A passionate Lead Platform Engineer with a strong understanding of infrastructure has the opportunity to join the Sopra Banking Software’s Professional Services division. This is a hands on role leading a small team of platform engineers on interesting, complex, and critical technical projects to deploy market leading mortgage lending and savings solutions.
This is a lead role, so we are looking for a candidate with at least 5 years' experience. Ideally having already lead a team of engineer's, however if you are an experienced Senior then you can also be considered.
- Technical activities ensuring smooth delivery and deployment of software
- System installation, configuration and performance tuning
- Design, develop and implement software-defined infrastructure
- Design software deployment processes introducing automation
- Infrastructure Architecture Design for High Availability and Security
- Operating Systems, databases, Web/App Servers, networks and firewalls
- Minimising operational run cost by use of modern deployment techniques
- Building production runtime environments for handover to operational team.
- Hands-on experience implementing enterprise software
- Ability to quickly gather requirements and design technical solutions
- Stakeholder management skills including the ability to communicate with clients
- Keen to take ownership and resolve issues with a meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- DevOps, agile development, and operations support processes.
The Platform Engineer role will require the utilisation of a wide range of technologies. It would be unrealistic to expect a candidate to be experienced in everything already. The mind-set of learning on the job is vital. The core technologies are listed below;
- Cloud platforms; specifically Amazon Web Services
- Automation configuration tools - Terraform, Ansible
- Web servers, email & DNS
- Networking, Load Balancing and TLS
- JEE Application Servers
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including a 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme (buy one get one free), an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, critical illness cover, a health cash plan, and an openness to discussing flexible working arrangements, plus many more excellent benefits.