Sopra Banking Software is one of the fastest growing global Fintech companies, featured in IDC Fintech Top 100 Rankings! We build the technology that powers the world’s best financial institutions, enabling millions of people to access better financial services.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive culture where all our people can be themselves and succeed on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a confidential consumer credit check and DBS check. This is a straight forward credit check for CCJ’s, bankruptcy and a criminal record check, however if you wish to know more about what is or is not acceptable please ask our recruitment team.
A client facing Technical Consultant has the opportunity to join the Sopra Banking Software’s Professional Services division.
The Technical Consultant owns technical project activities ensuring smooth delivery and deployment of all software. You will be a fast learner and contributing to the creation of a technology landscape that will enable teams to build, deploy and maintain solutions at pace and with maximum stakeholder engagement. The Technical Consultant will gain a thorough understanding of the Sopra software technology stack from R&D colleagues and work directly with the client IT teams on implementation projects.
- Plan and implement software changes, upgrades and new systems
- Installation and operation in live, complex environments
- System installation, configuration covering Operating Systems, databases, Web/App Servers, API Gateways
- Designing for performance, stability and security in a systems landscape that includes cloud and on-premise DC
- Business Continuity, backup and restore processes
- Implementing system security measures such as TLS
- Experienced in implementing enterprise software
- Ability to quickly gather requirements and design technical solutions
- Stakeholder management skills including the ability to interface with clients at several levels from technical to senior management
- Ability to communicate to support a single end-to-end delivery goal and co-ordinate between technology teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of DevOps, agile development, and operations support processes.
The Technical Consultant role will require the utilisation of a wide range of technologies. It would be unrealistic to expect a candidate to be experienced in everything already. The mind-set of learning on the job is vital. The core technologies are listed below;
- Oracle DBA
- Unix (Solaris) Systems Administration
- Linux (Red Hat) Systems Administration
- APIs and API Gateways
- Middleware (Oracle Weblogic, Oracle Forms and Reports)
- JEE Application Servers (Jboss and Websphere)
- Programming Shell/PERL/Python/Java/SQL
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including a 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme (buy one get one free), an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, critical illness cover, a health cash plan, and an openness to discussing flexible working arrangements, plus many more excellent benefits.