Sopra Banking Software is one of the fastest growing global Fintech companies, featured in IDC Fintech Top 100 Rankings! We build the technology that powers the world’s best financial institutions, enabling millions of people to access better financial services.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive culture where all our people can be themselves and succeed on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a confidential consumer credit check and DBS check. This is a straight forward credit check for CCJ’s, bankruptcy and a criminal record check, however if you wish to know more about what is or is not acceptable please ask our recruitment team.
Sopra Banking Software are recruiting an experienced Product Consultant who will work with our customers on the implementations of our financial services software. After a period of training on our financial services products and systems, you will be working on specific customer facing projects with some time spent on our customer sites throughout the UK. Some of the system implementations and support may require working out of core hours.
The role of a Product Consultant is to support clients in their implementation of our solutions, from the sales process through to the go live of the system. You will provide clients with objective strategic advisory services to improve their organisation's performance and long-term competitiveness by working with them to optimise the implementation of our software, and their own business processes.
Sopra Banking Software are an inclusive employer and this role can support flexible working arrangements. We are currently supporting remote working however, our office locations are Sheffield and Dunstable combined with on premise.
You'll get involved in requirements gathering and understanding the client's processes, and helping to define their requirements and the solution proposition. The main areas you'll then work with are:
• Understand customer needs and offer assistance proactively
• Recommend solutions within own discipline
• Define business requirements and associated technical solutions
• Work with the development teams to design software solutions and workarounds according to process requirements
• Prepare elements of business case definition
• Implement process change definition
• Work with the team on the product configuration
• Define and execute test scripts
• Specify requirements for data migration
• Work with customers and colleagues to transfer knowledge
As the ideal candidate you will have or be able to demonstrate the following:
- Significant experience of working in financial services or an allied industry
- Previous experience of supporting customers in software implementations and upgrades
- Ability to work with customers to understand and document the business requirements to implement beneficial process change
- Experience of dealing with a variety of customer stakeholders when gathering and consolidating requirements
- Previous experience of product configuration as part of a team
- Knowledge and experience of Project Management
- Good technical knowledge of relational databases – Oracle preferred.
- Good understanding of the Mortgage and related processing along with Regulatory and Business practices
- Solution Design experience
- An analytical approach to fault investigation and resolution
- Previous experience of supporting data migration
- An appreciation / understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Working knowledge of repayment and interest charging algorithms would be advantageous
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements for lending and possibly savings markets
- Flexibility in working hours and location due to the nature of the role
- Ability to learn and keep up to date with compliance and changes to the Financial Services Industry.
The Key skills you will possess will include:
- Detailed understanding of the mortgage business (origination and servicing) and mortgage systems and solutions
- Strong SQL skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and being comfortable dealing with all levels of customer management
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Ability to deal with complex problems and suggest solutions
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to trying out different things and offering innovative solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Authoring formal client facing reports
- Self-motivated and able to manage own workload and priorities
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including a 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme (buy one get one free), an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, critical illness cover, a health cash plan, and an openness to discussing flexible working arrangements, plus many more excellent benefits.