Application Support Analyst
Sopra Banking Software is one of the fastest growing global Fintech companies, featured in IDC Fintech Top 100 Rankings! We build the technology that powers the world’s best financial institutions, enabling millions of people to access better financial services.
We are committed to employing a diverse workforce and creating an inclusive culture where all our people can be themselves and succeed on merit. So if this sounds like a culture you would like to be part of then be assured that we will welcome your application.
We believe our people are our greatest asset. We actively encourage the professional development of our employees with on the job training, learning from our subject matter experts, access to our Sopra University e-learning, and the benefit of external training opportunities.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a confidential consumer credit check and DBS check. This is a straight forward credit check for CCJ’s, bankruptcy and a criminal record check, however if you wish to know more about what is or is not acceptable please ask our recruitment team.
Sopra Banking Software is seeking an Application Support Analyst to investigate, replicate and resolve (with assistance from the technical teams) software issues raised by customers using our software products.
Reporting to the Application Support Team Leader, the successful applicant will be liaising directly with customers to understand the nature of the issue they are experiencing, and then helping them to resolve it within agreed SLA's, possibly liaising with other internal teams and stakeholders. In order to achieve this, the Application Support Analyst needs to possess strong communication skills (written and verbal) and have a good technical and functional grounding.
Sopra Banking Software are an inclusive employer and this role can support flexible working arrangements. We are currently supporting remote working however, our office location for this role is Durham combined with on premise.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Degree educated in a technology or computer science discipline with 1-3 years equivalent experience
- Good self-discipline, organisational, verbal and written skills
- Strong analytical/logical problem solving ability
- Strong knowledge of SQL and Oracle Database
- Knowledge and experience in one/all of the following programming languages:
- Cobol, Java or C++
- Experience working with or supporting API’s
- Good understanding of both web based and desktop Client Server architectures
- Demonstrable experience of communicating complex technical issues and solutions to a wide audience and with varying degrees of technical understanding
- Experience in using ITSM and Service Desk management tools
- ITIL/Agile methodology experience is desirable
- Knowledge or experience of testing, defect management and change/release processes
- Experience/capability of working as part of a distributed team
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including a 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme (buy one get one free), an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, critical illness cover, a health cash plan, and an openness to discussing flexible working arrangements, plus many more excellent benefits.