Lead UX Designer
Sopra Banking Software is the partner of choice for more than 1,500 financial institutions worldwide.
The rich variety of our software, the strength of our conviction and our passion for innovation enable us to support our clients on a daily basis and in their projects, as well as in their goals regarding financial inclusion.
Our customers, based in over 80 countries around the world, benefit every day from our technologies and software, as well as the expertise of our 5,000 employees.
Sopra Banking Software is a subsidiary of the Sopra Steria Group, a European leader in consulting, digital services and software development. With more than 46,000 employees, the Sopra Steria Group generated a turnover of €4.3 billion in 2020.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter & Instagram or visit www.soprabanking.com
As part of the strategic Neo team, spread between Paris, London, Munich, Berlin and Dubai, we’re looking for a Lead UX Designer who can support our digital banking offering from Discovery to Delivery and to help us continue to grow our design system. Your work can have a big impact on our products and on evangelising design and customer engagement in our organisation. You are a practitioner-lead. We are looking for a talented individual who has deep knowledge of UX, UI and Research to join our growing design centre of excellence, work with our international team and a wide range of financial institutions.
On a daily basis you will:
- Provide design direction for a number of our financial services platform products. You’ll understand our product vision, ensure alignment to the SBS brand experience, and deliver incremental changes that drive our products forward.
- Work with and lead multi-disciplinary product design teams with responsibility for creating and delivering design artefacts; this includes initial design discovery, sprints, workshops, creation of empathy and journey maps through to execution and delivery of UX and UI.
- Make every effort to understand our customers and their end-users through user research.
- Be collaborative in your approach to design.
- Approach design pragmatically knowing when to make trade-offs and the impact of those decisions.
- Contribute to our growing design system while remaining brand aligned and consistent, and ensuring we can deliver at pace and elevate design to a more strategic place within the organisation.
- Play a critical role in evolving our design practice to become a state-of-the-art design practice.
- Support a Design Director who will set vision and direction for the team.
- Work with international agencies and support in selecting best design partners to reinforce our in-house design practice.
We’re interested in hearing from you, if:
- You’ve designed world-class products before—preferably in the financial services space.
- You can set KPI’s and objectives that enable design work to be measurable and drive accountability.
- You design with all users (B2B as well as B2C and for simple to complex product offering) in mind considering inclusive design and accessibility.
- You are a big picture and strategic thinker who also considers the detailed design.
- You are able to come up several altitudes to see across the products, business, and customer enabling you to deliver a more joined-up experience.
- You’ve led multi-disciplinary design teams on projects from discovery through to delivery.
- You are a passionate advocate and evangelist of design, happy to share your knowledge, educate, mentor and coach others on its place and importance in the process.
- You have a strong understanding of lean and agile methodologies.
- Design-related degree or ability to show how other degree relates to role.
- You are eager to understand our organisation using design to solve customer and business problems.
- Experience working with our software suite: Miro, Figma, Zeroheight, Protopie, Axure, Optimal Workshop, Lookback, Sketch, Adobe CC, Adobe XD.
- You are fluent in another language: French, German or Arabic.
At Sopra Banking Software, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal information will be treated as confidential according to the Employment Equity act.
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy a market competitive salary and our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including a 6% pension contribution, employee share scheme (buy one get one free), an option to buy or sell holiday days, medical insurance, critical illness cover, a health cash plan, and an openness to discussing flexible working arrangements, plus many more excellent benefits.
As part of our hiring process new employees will be required to pass a confidential consumer credit check and DBS check. This is a straight forward credit check for CCJ’s, bankruptcy and a criminal record check, however if you wish to know more about what is or is not acceptable please ask our recruitment team.
It would be advantageous to be fluent in French, German, or Arabic but not essential.