Senior Finance Controller
Sopra Banking Software are proud to be an inclusive employer. At Sopra Banking Software, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences, we value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status. All personal information will be treated as confidential according to the Equality act.
Sopra Banking Software works with banks, building societies and other financial services institutions across the world. We help them to develop, deliver and operationalise their digital transformation strategies. Using our suite of digital banking products and services enables these organisations to deliver remarkable financial services to their clients.
Sopra Banking Software is the partner of choice for more than 1,500 financial institutions worldwide.
The rich variety of our software, the strength of our conviction and our passion for innovation enable us to support our clients on a daily basis and in their projects, as well as in their goals regarding financial inclusion.
Our customers, based in over 80 countries around the world, benefit every day from our technologies and software, as well as the expertise of our 5,000 employees.
Sopra Banking Software is a subsidiary of the Sopra Steria Group, a European leader in consulting, digital services and software development. With more than 46,000 employees, the Sopra Steria Group generated a turnover of €4.3 billion in 2020.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter & Instagram or visit www.soprabanking.com
We are looking for a Senior Financial Controller for the UK business. The Senior Controller will report to the Head of Controlling EMEA based in Paris, France.
- In charge of the monthly closings, the forecast and the preparation of the budget
- Ensure the validity and completeness of the financial information within the UK Distribution perimeter.
- Communicate your analysis of financial data to operational staff and provide dashboards to facilitate management decision-making.
- Financial reporting and monthly executive summary for the Group.
- Operational management control
- Awareness of cost control
- Preparation of the budget with the operational teams. Monitoring their achievement, interpreting variances and reporting to management.
- Optimization, monitoring and control of cash flow.
- Set up the dashboards based on the Group's strategies and accounting information;
- Implement and constantly review compliance with policies and best practices within the Group;
- Monitor and control financial management procedures:
- Payable purchases; collection; expense claims; cash flow...
- Ensuring the proper functioning of the procedures put in place;
- Prepare the Group reporting
- Manage the relationship with the local auditors in partnership with the group auditor
- Manage and coordinate the Finance/GAF teams in the UK
We are interested in hearing from you, if you have most of the following attributes:
- Experience in a similar Finance Controller position in and international environment (multinational preferably) with audit experience (big 4 auditors preferably).
- Accustomed to communicating and reporting to senior management.
- Excellent IT skills: Microsoft Suite (especially Excel and PowerPoint).
- Power BI knowledge would be appreciated.
If you do not have all of the above experience or skills we would still like to hear from you.
Sopra Banking Software are a certified Great Place to Work!
We offer flexible – hybrid working model of 2 days in office and 3 days working from home. All employees are supported to work from home with DSE assessments and IT equipment where required to be fully productive when remote working.
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy a market competitive salary and our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including 25 days holiday with an option to buy up to 5 more, a 6% pension contribution, a buy one get one free employee share scheme, private medical insurance, critical illness cover, a health cash plan, and we offer flexible working arrangements to all employees, plus many more excellent benefits.
We take pride in rewarding our colleagues through Summer parties, treat days in the offices, and a social budget for each department.
Salary range negotiable depending on experience.