Product Manager (junior / graduate)
Sopra Banking Software is the partner of choice for more than 1,500 financial institutions worldwide.
The rich variety of our software, the strength of our conviction and our passion for innovation enable us to support our clients on a daily basis and in their projects, as well as in their goals regarding financial inclusion.
Our customers, based in over 80 countries around the world, benefit every day from our technologies and software, as well as the expertise of our 5,000 employees.
Sopra Banking Software is a subsidiary of the Sopra Steria Group, a European leader in consulting, digital services and software development. With more than 46,000 employees, the Sopra Steria Group generated a turnover of €4.3 billion in 2020.
For more information, follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter & Instagram or visit www.soprabanking.com
Sopra Banking Software works with banks, building societies and other financial services institutions across the world. We help them to develop, deliver and operationalise their digital transformation strategies. Using our suite of digital banking products and services enables these organisations to deliver remarkable financial services to their clients.
This is an exciting opportunity for an asspiring software Product Owner to join our Research and Development team based in Sheffield. The Product Manager will work within the product management team with a clear and structured career path progressing to a Senior Product Manager with full product responsibility. This is an exciting and challenging role for someone wanting to consider a future in product management.
The Product Manager will;
- Take ownership of a new product that will be launching in 2024. The successful candidate will be involved from day 1 in the product development of this product, and this will provide an excellent career development opportunity.
- Prepare and manage key customer workshops across Mortgages, Savings, and Collections – these are regular events where the subject matter experts and senior product managers present new concepts and ideas to some of the UKs largest financial service providers. The successful candidate will also be expected to manage any actions which come out of these customer workshops.
The team is currently in the process of succession planning and the Product Owner will join in a structured way with the view of developing product expertise. As the candidate grows in this role and their career develops, they will receive a greater level of independence and the scope of work will expand with appropriate rewards. In this role you will undergo full training and development to become a fully certified Product Manager.
The role will require some level of project management – mainly around managing customer facing workshops and discovery sessions.
We are interested in hearing from you, if you have most of the following attributes:
- Understanding of product management
- Interest in software such as digital banking solutions such as web portals and mobile apps
- Customer facing experience – this is key as the successful candidate will be expected to organise, present and managing customer sessions – face-to-face and web sessions.
- Knowledge of software development and different methodologies.
- Ability to work independently
- Clear analytical skills – these will be further developed in the role for market analysis, competitor analysis and full business case preparation
- Strong presentation skills
- Organised with good appreciation of effective stakeholder management
It would also be desirable but not essential to have;
- Understanding of the banking/building society sector and mortgages
If you do not have all of the above experience or skills we would still like to hear from you.
Sopra Banking Software are a certified Great Place to Work!
We offer flexible – hybrid working model of 2 days in office and 3 days working from home. All employees are supported to work from home with DSE assessments and IT equipment where required to be fully productive when remote working.
By joining the Sopra Banking Software team you will enjoy a market competitive salary and our excellent rewards and benefits schemes including 25 days holiday with an option to buy up to 5 more, a 6% pension contribution, a buy one get one free employee share scheme, private medical insurance, critical illness cover, a health cash plan, and we offer flexible working arrangements to all employees, plus many more excellent benefits.
We take pride in rewarding our colleagues through Summer parties, treat days in the offices, and a social budget for each department.
Salary circa £30,000 p/a depending on experience